Following are a few requisites which will be taken into consideration during the review of applications:
- Completed ERAS Application
- USMLE or COMLEX Transcript
- passing scores on steps 1 and 2 (our program does not require completion of step 3 prior to the start of residency training)
- no more than 1 fail on any step
- 3 letters of recommendation
- written or updated (by original author) within the last calendar year
- attention will be paid to whether or not the applicant has waived their right to view the letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- Personal Statement
- Graduation from a Medical School recognized by the State of California - or - in active clinical training within the last 5 years
International Medical School Graduates must also submit:
- Current Postgraduate Training Authorization Letter (PTAL - "California Letter")
- The Medical Board of California requires PTAL’s be renewed on an annual basis.
- Note: It is unlikely those graduating late in the calendar year (November or December) will be able to obtain a PTAL prior to the NRMP Rank Order List submission deadline. As such, our program may be unable to consider those applicants until the following interview season. In addition, those graduating in 2015 will not be able to receive their PTAL in sufficient time to be considered for the current interview season.
- ECFMG Certification
- Proof of recent, relevant experience in the U.S. Medical System
Should you meet the above criteria, we encourage you to apply to our program through ERAS as we begin accepting applications in the fall. Interviews will begin in mid to late October.
Please note that we are not:
- Accepting applicants with prior US GME experience (due to CMS policies regarding newly accredited teaching institutions)
- Providing Visa Sponsorship
- Pre-screening applicants
- Distributing application materials
- Offering observership positions
- Filling positions outside of the Match
- Offering off-cycle positions
While a firm application deadline has not been set, it is preferred that completed applications be received no later than December 31. If you have any questions or need further information, please contact our Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.